2727 Second Ave
Detroit, MI 48201
CATEGORIES & HEADINGSdetails >>
* Arachidonic Acid (AA) plays a critical role as a mediator of cell and organ functions through its metabolic cascade. Detroit R&D, Inc., under NIH small business innovative research (SBIR) support, found that two enzymes in the AA cascade, soluble epoxide hydrolase (sEH) and UDP-glucuronosyl transferase (UGT), induce hypertension in human.
* Using the 14,15-DHET BioTarget Hypertension ELISA, it was demonstrated that this metabolite can serve as a sensitive and specific biomarker for sEH-dependent hypertension using spontaneously hypertensive rats as a model. The biomarker for sEH- and UGT-dependent hypertension in human was validated in a blind test with coded human urine specimens obtained from hypertensive (pre-eclamptic) and normotensive patients. The results confirmed high specificity and sensitivity of this biomarker.
* Inhibition of sEH activity lowers blood pressure indicating that an inhibitor of this enzyme can be an anti-hypertension drug candidate with a novel mechanism of action.
* Detroit R&D produces additional BioTarget Hypertension ELISA kits for 11,12-DHET and 20-HETE. In addition to these ELISAs, we have also developed ELISA kits for oxidative stress, bisphenol A, cancer and additional metabolites of the AA pathway.
* Detroit R&D also stocks a large number of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies to drug metabolizing enzymes such as cytochrome P450, glutathione S-transferase and epoxide hydrolases.
* Our GloBrite chemiluminescent kit is a sensitive and inexpensive solution for western blotting.